Prayer Is Powerful
“The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much” (James 5:16).
Prayer is powerful. That is something I need to remember…
- When I face a decision, a problem, a responsibility, a fear, or a sin that threatens to overwhelm me.
- When someone else is bearing a burden, and it seems there is little that I can do to help.
- When I am bearing a burden, and it seems there is little that others can do to help.
- When I hear people demean and ridicule the very idea of praying for those who are suffering.
- When I have prayed, but it feels like God has not answered.
- Whenever I feel powerless, helpless, or hopeless.
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).